View Single Post
Old 08.04.2010, 01:05 AM   #13
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
I doubt they think that at all. They've always demonstrated that they want to focus on new material and moving forward as often as possible -- their standard touring set list always weighs extremely heavily on new material, plus a selection of 'classics' -- there seems to be a group of 'classics' that they've settled into over the past decade or more, probably because they're quick and easy crowd-pleasers, and then a group of more obscure 'classics' that are still going to please the crowd. Maybe those are just the ones they like to play. It's not typical for them to dedicate a lot of time to relearning old songs.

Unless, of course, they're paid a handsome sum to relearn an entire 'classic' LP and tour it in its entirety -- and honestly, if they're going to spend the time relearning an album's worth of songs, which arguably many people feel is their finest group of songs (probably not anyone in this thread, but the average SY concert-goer, perhaps), it certainly makes sense for their favorites from that group of songs to continue filling the 'old material' gaps in their touring set lists for the next few years...

I feel like I just typed a whole lot and said nothing. (What else is new?)
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|