View Single Post
Old 10.01.2008, 11:59 AM   #18
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I've met all my really good friends through our bonding over music.

I knew a dude who was completely into classical music (Beethoven and such) and then I showed him Harry Partch, The Residents, Captain Beefheart, etc and it blew his mind. We became best friends!

I knew a hardcore Christian dude who I was friends with and I turned him onto Lake of Dracula and a bunch of other Skin Graft bands and we became good friends.

One of my good friends, I met him through our shared love of Babyland...

I started burning my girlfriend cd's before we dated, about 5 1/2 years ago... Le Shok, Servotron, Polysics, Causey Way, all kinds of good shit... and I think that's what finally made her realize how cool I am (to her. Disclaimer: I'm not actually cool).

So, yeah, music has really helped me in a lot of situations to make good relationships with friends and more.
Well yeah, some people I do connect with musically. I think I'm starting to influence the group of people I started being friends with this year. Got some of them into Big Black, The Jesus Lizard etc.

One of my friends who I was in a band with is someone I dislike, but we still connect musically!
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|