View Single Post
Old 08.20.2008, 11:26 PM   #22
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
I dunno, its just something I've never really been particularly drawn to, I realise there are stylistic similarities but bands are essentially different, and my initial comment was something of a tounge-in-cheek jab at people's justification for last fm.; I do 'get' why people use it and why its helpful. However I think it might be a little too easy to get stuck in a rut if websites are a sole source of musical research, I enjoy getting thrown off the rails now and then and discovering something totally new, and the best way to do that is sharing music amongst flesh-made freinds. A few years ago in my b-boy phase I used to use allmusic.com (yes, laughable isn't it) and it's similar artists function, it'd either give me something with no resemblance to the artist or TOO similar. Since then I only really use websites, particularly allmusic for cold hard facts about albums, release dates, labels etc. My real source of discovering new stuff online is right here on Sonic Gossip, when I can talk more directly about music. When my 'to buy' list becomes empty maybe I will turn to last fm for the next step, however right now its one long list.

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|