View Single Post
Old 10.05.2012, 03:13 PM   #33824
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
Everybody is talking about "Stop Bullying". No one ever said stop bullying when I was a kid. Back in the day if you wore clothes from Kmart you were going to get CLOWNED!! That meant your family was poor. And you could point out the kid wearing the Kmart clothes in a heart beat. They had their own brands and they prominently placed their brand's "logo" for everyone to see just like the brands you wanted to wear.

Of course your mama didn't care. The shirt was cheap and you couldn't go to school naked. The difference in price between that Kmart shirt and the shirt you wanted could mean the difference between a good meal for the family or ramen noodles for everybody.

So you took your bum-talley to school and got teased relentlessly by the other kids. Who were all in the same boat as you. They had no right to be teasing anyone. But at the time all you could think was, "When I grow up I'm never going to wear clothes from Kmart".

Well I want to sell you a shirt from Kmart. Trust me, your inner child won't mind. Mine didn't.

When I found this shirt I thought I had made the find of the year. The colors and patterns were absolute winners. Pink, purple, and red flowers on a tan background and small green dots outlining each row of patterns. It was beautiful. You so rarely see a pattern this cool looking. Even a good vintage replica doesn't come close to this one.

I pulled it off the rack to look at the size and there was a Kmart tag staring back at me, as if to say, "I'm sorry you got teased as a kid. You don't want me now do you?"

All I could do was laugh. It said it was a size 15 - 15 1/2, which is normally a medium. I wear a solid 16 1/2 and it fit me just fine. I bought it with the quickness. I took it home, put it on, put on my sunglasses and I've been styling ever since. I don't know if this shirt would have been considered cool back in the 70s or not, but 30 years later this shirt has definitely hit its stride. So Kmart, you were just ahead of your time. It took you thirty years, but you finally made it. You're cool.

I am a DJ and I wore this shirt in plenty of photo shoots for newspapers and magazines. The ladies loved it. I can't tell you how many women came up to me asking me if they could have it. It's a great ice breaker.

It does have some damage though. It's missing the top button and the collar button but that can be easily fixed ... IF YOU WANT TO BE LAME!! The only way to wear this shirt is with the top button unbuttoned. Show your chest hair. And wear a chain. I wore it with a silver necklace with a disco ball on it. (Seriously, it's an Obey necklace. Kills 'em everytime.)

If you're gonna wear vintage this is the way to do it. And all I want out of it is what I put into it, so I am starting the bidding at $5. So if you're lucky, you could get this amazing shirt at the same deal I did.

Happy bidding!
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|