View Single Post
Old 08.23.2010, 09:04 PM   #12038
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
HEY, derek and eugene felikson, it's freeleech week at cinemaggon.net ... you guys should download PASTORAL: TO DIE IN THE COUNTRY ... http://cinemageddon.net/details.php?id=20105

this is an 11/10 film; just absolutely amazing. If you want your mind to be BLOWN, then yeah.

Here is my review:
THE GREATEST FILM EVER?!

...Not sure if it's the absolute greatest, but if not, it's really, really, REALLY close to being.

Words can't describe this thing. This thing, which is pretty much "unavailable" unless you go through backdoor means, is so beautiful, so flawless, that after one viewing it immediately went up to my top 10 of all time. Never has a film blown me away so much, so quickly. Within 20 minutes, of the strange oversaturated colors, the rows of clocks, the insanely beautiful soundtrack, etc... I was just in total awe.

I literally cannot describe this film. Think "The Holy Mountain" (a lot of similar direction), a bit simplified yet more experimental (if that makes sense) -- extremely personal, kinda like the films Godard always tried to make after 1980 (a film that comments on film, a film which cannot actually be made). A director directs his childhood and then turns the film off, shockingly, and then VISITS his childhood and modifies events, tries to change things.

It's touching, personal, and the ending is actually definitely the best of all time. OVERWHELMING AND INSANE. A masterpiece!

OH HEY! They put up an upgrade of Night Train to Terror -- my favorite horror movie of all time (next to Maniac)!

Genuinely disturbing imagery... stop motion/claymation... jarring cuts... this film is pieced together from three 2 hour movies, chopped to fucking hell to be an 84 minute movie! Some of the most INSANE editing ever, the film makes no sense, it's PERFECT.
atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|