View Single Post
Old 11.11.2016, 10:10 AM   #10
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I actually picked up Batman Rebirth #1 a few weeks ago as well, but haven't actually read it yet.

Batman rebirth is good. Has some flawed moments, but overall it's kicking some ass.

Thing is, with the major characters in DC (including the DC universe as a whole) there was a "Rebirth no.1" issue, followed quickly by an actual no.1 with under the "Rebirth" banner. The first issue is functionally a no.0 issue, and in Batman's case in particular, it had almost nothing to do with what came next. The Bats "Rebirth" issue is pretty underwhelming. The good shit starts with Batman 2016 #1 by King & Finch. And it's a damn good story.

Was interrupted by Night of the Monster Men, which I haven't read yet... other artists involved, a side story meant to generate hype and eventually no doubt be a big selling TPB. Basically the Batman story King & Finch developed zigzagged over to the Detective Comics story (which is not as good), and that irritates me. The whole point of multiple title is to keep different continuities in tact, and they just fucked that up.

Anyway... read on, Padawan.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|