View Single Post
Old 05.06.2009, 09:56 AM   #126
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by automatic bzooty
lee singin' on teevee. finally. yay. what we know and antenna (especially) were great. i dunno about sacred trixter - maybe i'm sacred trixter'd out by now?

"...nineteennffnfnee"?

also: what's that box lee's on during antenna?

On "Antenna"... I'm pretty sure by the color that's a vintage Ibanez or Maxon analog delay pedal Lee's using for those outerspace pitch warp feedback bending parts... unfortuanetly its actually one of the things that irritates me about this song... being a guitar player that has used a fair amount of delay its one of the easiest and most used "sound effect" tricks from anolog delay units (well most of them) that you can create, so perhaps my view on this is slanted. so in my opinion this trick is much overused now and rarely found to be a "cool interesting" sound to be utilized especially in the way they have incorporated it into the song as a obvious sonic feature, but it may have been intentional and its what they wanted to do. it would've been nice if it was sorta blanketed minimally by at least some other sonic quality like ring modulation... maybe i'm alone on this one.

i still do like the song in general but the repeated use of the delay warp feedback irks me, i think its 3 times in that song.
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|