Thread: buying a mic
View Single Post
Old 11.30.2011, 08:38 AM   #25
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
The problem is hiss, a gentle ocean of it which is particularly noticable on vocal tracks. I'm no audiophile, but the sound is unacceptable. If I can't stand it, I shouldn't push the generosity of anyone generous enough to give my stuff a listen (or to give my ass a sniff).

Well, last night I got to toy around with a ZOOM H1. The playback sounded great to my ears, so I returned the mic I just bought and put in an order for the ZOOM. I have such fond memories of using the TASCAM 424 cassette four-track, but I decided to forgo brand loyalty in getting a tascam digital recorder and instead get something I had just witnessed working fine.

I guess I'll record track by track, dumping and synching the results. ? Pain in the ass, but as convinient as I'll get for the results I want.

This thread has ended up containing some good info, though, and should come in handy for when I have more $$.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|