View Single Post
Old 01.18.2018, 02:34 PM   #36
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
I'm always here... in your hearts.

For real though, I'm excited about that record. Glasper's been on a real winning streak for a while now. And I've checked out every major project he's dropped since I first discovered him via TPAB. He's maybe/probably my favorite pianist right now. I'd highly suggest any heads here listen to his album Covered from 2015. It's a live trio recording where he tackles stuff some of y'all will find interesting like Radiohead's "Reckoner" and Kendrick's "I'm Dying Of Thirst," seriously check that out.

And I imagine that everyone in this thread has heard Riggins' Together/Alone already? It's cool that he's working w/ Glasper here - I actually wish that Riggins would do s'more straight up jazz albums just to show off his chops.

Anyway yeah sorry. I haven't had a lot to say in the cafe in a while. The vast majority of hip hop that I've heard in the past year or so is stuff that I was already familiar with. Just haven't really been in a head space to check out new stuff much lately. I just go w/ the flow and listen to whatever my head, brain and heart tell me they want to hear.

I did think Sza's album was fantastic in 2017, though. I mean it's not hip hop. But y'know, TDE and Kendrick was on it and everything. Just saying.