View Single Post
Old 09.11.2016, 10:24 PM   #13
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Yikes. I'm not asking for reviews. Just a new album from a band I like. Thought it might be nice to talk about it with some other fans.

*loosens tie*
but I mean what is there to say? the band are so resistant to analysis on any level that they don't really justify being spoken about. like this is 2016, there is a new dead c record, it sounds like what these three guys sound like when they're playing in the same room as one another and that's it really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halgreen
I don't know if I was tripping or what but I felt like a few of the songs had te same sort of rhythm guitar loop. I enjoyed it but need to listen again. I'm going thru their live lp set right now. Did anyone check the 7" from last year? Those songs have some killer noisy endings
yeah this one is pretty much a recording of their live set from back in 2013 so there's bits that include similar progressions from morley to what was on armed courage and south from patience. some of these ideas cropped up in gate records and sets around the same time (not that different to damned revolutions in particular), that really heavy cloud of drone with these tremulous overtones, insane sound. the palisades 7" was indeed sweet, very obviously cut from this record.

guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|