Thread: Syr 6 & Syr 8
View Single Post
Old 12.27.2011, 09:41 PM   #6
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
interestingly these are my two favorite SYRs, realistically the only SYRs aside from maybe 2 that I can actually enjoy listening. I generally think of the SYRs as a great pieces of art that I otherwise do not understand as I do intuitively feel the feedback solos and bridges of their stageshows. The same energy seems behind the SYRs however in different artistic directions.

Of course in the same light, I own hundreds of Grateful Dead bootlegs and yet only a single studio album, Anthem of the Sun, because I don't think the art I appreciate from the Dead is translated well in the studio compared to the stageshow.

Sonic Youth luckily can do both, and their albums are always great, however the SYRs seem a bit more experimental in the literal sense of straying away from the tactics they normally use in the studio, and not in the cliched hipster musical genre-iational sense

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|