View Single Post
Old 07.27.2006, 05:59 PM   #28
greenlight
invito al cielo

greenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's assesgreenlight kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washing Machine
I maybe crazy but i always took Washing Machine to be an iconic symbol/metaphor for the suburbian, family life that Thurston and Kim had obviously just entered into with the birth of Coco. All the other SY albums before it seemed to me to be albums relating to youth, WM was the first album where we see the grown-up (relatively speaking) Sonic Youth. I don't think the album has a concept as such, but i think the songs all relate musically and lyrically to a more mature side of the band. I think the images on the cover-art are the best example of that!

yeah exactly, that's how i feel as well. i can't describe better than you with my poor english. great album. in my top 3. the studio they've recorded this burned to dust.

no queen blues, such a excelence! if this was aired on tv, we have to find it somewhere!
greenlight is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|