Thread: Isis
View Single Post
Old 07.19.2007, 02:04 PM   #12
Green Magnesium
100%

Green Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's assesGreen Magnesium kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Yeah, obviously they were influenced by the Swans... but ripoffs? No. If one of your requirements in listening to amazing music is to make sure it doesn't contain elements of other bands, you're SEVERELY limiting to yourself to shitloads of good music. Hey, why listen to any music? "They're playing power chords! Fucking ripoffs, they didn't invent the power chord!!!" "Alternate tunings? They didn't invent that!!!!!!!!!!!"Obviously, I'm being ridiculous, but do you see what I'm saying? Isis are fucking great! And they hardly sound like a Neurosis ripoff. But either way, I'd probably rather listen to Harry Partch. He didn't rip off anybody!!!

Haha, I was just joking about Neurosis ripping off Swans. Like I said, being influenced by another band is one thing and to be expected. But to completely mimic another artist is unjustifiable IMO, and that's what I've been hearing about Isis in regard to their style.

Thanks for the input everybody
Green Magnesium is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|