View Single Post
Old 01.31.2015, 03:25 AM   #121
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Apparently Chance is playing with some multi-instrumental/cross-genre shit... Normally I'd say "slooow down" to an unsigned (or is he signed now? Fucking hard to know these days) Chicago rapper who has exactly one successful mix-tape to his name.

Actually, I'm saying that now... Fucker needs to slow down. What, does he think he's perfected rap already? Done all he can do with it by ripping off Common and Tribe and looking perpetually distracted like some autistic boy genius who engineers Lego castles in his head while you're trying to teach him how to fucking tell time!

Well Acid Rap was fine enough but he hasn't earned the right to jump ship yet. He needs to buckle down like Joey Bada$$ and deliver a classic debut that's chi-city to the core. Then he can mix things up, incrementally, first with production, then with song forms and some day with an inside out version of the genre.

But I do not want to hear how rad his friends are at riffing. It's the purpose of an emcee to make a testament out of nothing but his words, knowledge & linguistic skill. I know he's such a darling right now, but he's gonna fade fast if he doesn't prove Acid Rap wasn't a fluke. Hell, I can't believe kids can even openly like that record without getting their shit kicked at school. But I guess even the most thoroughly held-back senior in high school wouldn't even remember the release of College Dropout at this point, much less any substantive Gangsta rapper's formative years. Fuck..

But I digress.

I just feel like he needs to pay his respects to hip hop and live by the code a bit before turning into Prince.
you're talking about "Surf"? no need to worry then. Chance is just a guest on a few songs on that album, and it'll be released as a Donnie Trumpet & The Social Experiment project. his solo album will come out later this year.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|