View Single Post
Old 11.16.2011, 05:02 PM   #26
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirttail
Technically speaking, Kim is obviously not the most gifted guitar/bass player. She also can't sing well at all (remember that embarrassing performance of "Reena" on Letterman? Her vocals are an acquired taste, but that was just atrocious, even for a Kim apologist like me). However, I have the impression that her aesthetic sensibility is the most dominating in the group. I think she plays a large part in molding the songs by voicing what's working for her and what's not. A Thousand Leaves exudes Kim to me, as does most of Nurse. On the other hand, I don't feel Kim at all on The Eternal.

I think you're right. I'm not saying that's the case here, but having "vision" is what separates an artist from a musician.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|