View Single Post
Old 02.22.2011, 03:28 PM   #75
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
I was actually saying this morning that I generally feel albums are too long. Why feel the obligation of coming up with 40 minutes of music? Maybe you're saying what you wanna say in 25. I love shorter albums because they are straight to the point, concise, generally don't get lost in terms of concept and kind of leave you wanting more. Maybe the industry model is changing in that sense too, I see nothing wrong with it. If they're saying all they wanna say at that moment in 30 mins what's the problem? Of all things, are we gonna start complaining about how long albums last now?
as much as I live on 35 minute versions of Fire on the Mountain ( and it seems sometimes I am the only one who can enjoy such long tunes) I also thoroughly enjoy smaller duration LPs such as those from good riotgrrl bands or other indy records. Also crust/chaos punk albums.. Many good roots reggae LPs are also 35-40 minutes, but I love the perfect half hour album, it has the perfect tempo to get you fully into the experience but is brief enough to keep your attention through out the duration. You don't cut and paste and pick and chose selections from these kinds of albums, you listen to them straight through from beginning to end, without stopping, often without doing anything else even but listeniing..

perfect music comes in half hour packages, though again, I too can meditate on half hour guitar solos too

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|