View Single Post
Old 09.26.2006, 01:35 PM   #21
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
anyway, i was going to check your code & suggest a way to code your page, so i'll have to do it without the benefit of lookng at the source code

i suggest something like this:

<div id="review" class="boxy">
<h2>reviews</h2>
<p> bla bla blah</p>
<ul>
<li>bla ba bla </li>
<li> bla bla blee </li>
<li> bla bla bloom </li>
</ul>
</div>

notice it has an id and a class since there can only be 1 id per page and this belongs to a class of "boxy" boxes.

then you'd style it something like this:

.boxy {
width: 20%;
backround: #fc9 url(/images/boxybackground.png) repeat-y top left;
/* the background image repeats to fit the length of the box */
color: #c93;
padding: 1em;
float: left;
}

that would float about 5 boxes next to each other each with a bg image and if the image doesn't download the ffcc99 color covers yer ass.

padding can mess up some times the alignment depending on the box model of each browser uses, so putting a div within a div becomes (oh no!) necessary so it inner elements can all adjust within your 20% thing that divides your page in (say) 5 boxes per line.

if you want something specific only to this box, you'edefine it in the id style

#review {
border: 1px dashed #900;
clear: left; /* this would in theory move the box to float in the next line rather that next to the previous box element ; in other words, "review" would be first on the left */
}

that's more or less it, i hope it helps, have fun. there may be syntax errors in the code above but i can't check right now.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|