Thread: Drugs
View Single Post
Old 06.28.2013, 08:32 AM   #17
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
No, they're not necessarily in the sense that they are not readily abused, though plenty of self-destructive types have spent that crack money on smoking too much weed. I may be a Rasta, but burning the lamb's breath collie isn't necessarily for every queen and kingman.

As to hard drugs? In reality, its a form of gradual suicide. The high from opiates and cocaine is so strong, so bewildering, so exaggerated that it is like lou reed sang, "closing in on death."

Every time a person gets high on hard drugs, they are momentarily escaping life and having a near-death encounter. The thrill of this, is even if only subconsciously the drug abused wants this, needs this deathly experience. Death is what they are really looking for, hence the absolute high. Heroin separates the mind from the body. Cocaine separates the mind from the soul. Life is life, and drugs are death. We've all been there, we've all done that. We all know exactly what I am talking about. Nobody does drugs because they are totally happy about life, generally quite the opposite.

from my buddhist perspective i would alter this to say that sobriety, not the high, is death, since we are all addicted to oxygen/carbs/fats/proteins etc. but otherwise must spread rep.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|