View Single Post
Old 09.11.2013, 09:20 PM   #875
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
"Severian has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space".

btw, i still have faith in Lupe. Food & Liquor and The Cool are some of my fav hip-hop albums. and don't take my word for it, but i think he might drop a mixtape today where he's supposedly rapping over Yeezus/MCHG beats.

Should be room now, but no need to bother unless you have an expanded edition or something wild like that. I got it, and listened to it today. I have to say that I'm surprised. I was expecting a completely different kind of album based on the cover art and hinted-at neediness. Maybe something lighthearted and soul-based; darker than Chance, more produced than Tree, but along the same levels.

Not the case. One listen in and I'm far from ranking this album anywhere near the year's best. I like it, and I took note of a few songs that could be serious fucking favorites in the future, if they grow well, but my first impression is this:

1. Denzel Curry really likes A$AP Rocky. A lot. You guys said you heard Wu-tang? I can see that, but all I hear is A$AP minus the almost shoegaze I Clams production that is really what makes his albums so god damn amazing.

2. I think he's trying I get the best of both worlds: social/conscious and thug. But I don't think he's old enough to have a real social conscience, so it comes across as ... Odd.

3. He can rap like crazy, and he's going to be incredible, and I love the future him already. The present him is a natural emcee with a great taste in cover art ( anyone else see Jar Jar Binks if they squint and state at the boobs? I swear, there's a nose and rasta- amphibian mouth in between those tats.) He just needs to move somewhere that isn't Florida, so he can have a soul.

(3.5/5 after 1 shuffled listen)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|