View Single Post
Old 09.10.2013, 08:35 PM   #871
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=SuchFriendsAreDangerous]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian

That is true, but ALL music has meaning by that definition. By meaningful I meant to imply in the scheme of things, as an edifying contribution to our culture. Dead Prez put out that record as an education, and it seems Killah Priest is taking that kind of vibe even deeper. This record is a transformative album. Again, name ten more transformative albums to come out in between Lets Get Free and The Psychic World of Walter Reed....

I'm waiting

Again, I believe MBDTF fits that bill as well, and is a plea to make us look at ourselves from a meta-cognitive perspective. But *more* transformative? I'm not the guy to ask. I'm bound to be more moved by personal and emotional albums than by educational, or even socio-political albums. That's just who I am. But is it a kickass fucking album? Hell yeah.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|