View Single Post
Old 09.09.2013, 09:43 PM   #862
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Ps: listened to Killah Priest all day, and you're damn right it's good. Makes some of the other releases of the year sound pretty thin by comparison. Still, for me, it's missing the immediacy and (hate to say it) "fun" of Yeezus and 12 Reasons. Neither of which is really fun overall, but they both have some really compelling and simply enjoyable elements. Ridiculous concepts, grinding 3-minute "fuck you" anthems, names like "Yeezus" etc.

Its missing the immediacy, but only because it feels more like a Conclusion which takes time. TPWOWR seems like a Confession from Killah Priest, a culmination of all that he has done and believed since his in your face introduction. Yes Yeezus feels like its more immediate, and Twelve Reeasons feels like it drags you in fast, but TPWOWR has substance, depth, and meaning, which transcends well beyond just about any other hip-hop record I've listened to since Dead Prez Lets Get Free. Seriously, I'm debating in myself if its not just the best record of the year, but one of the best hip-hop records of all-time.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|