View Single Post
Old 10.08.2013, 06:49 PM   #1023
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
the biggest secret is Kanye actually kills Em lyrically. "Gorgeous", "Hell of a Life", "Primetime" and "The Joy" prove this.

Yup. I can't believe someone agrees with me on this. Kanye's got immense skill as an emcee, and his wordplay is sometimes too subtle to be immediately appreciated. He's more versatile stylistically than most rappers (for example: he's capable of doing things other than rapping.)

He's one of the most cleverly self-mocking, but by no means self-deprecating lyricists we have, and he dips from more than just the average "hood", "drug," and "social politics" lexica.

With Em it's either mildly funny jerky boys meets ICP junior high humor for Nebraska meth heads, or it's overly inflated self-referential horseshit.

Now, Lil Wayne at his prime would slay Eminem and even give Ye a run for his money. Eminem is nothing, but I'm sure he'll sell like crazy, unless the "Down with bullshit name-brand rap" campaigns Kendrick and Earl seem to be launching actually gains footing in the culture.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|