View Single Post
Old 08.18.2017, 08:32 AM   #2
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Hahaaaaa!! Yes, of course I remember that Seinfeld episode!

And Elaine gets kinda peeved/kinda jealous and wants her own "Desperado" and tries to go with "Witchy Woman." Baaahahaha!

Ok, so I never really listen to the radio around other people unless I'm at a bar (rare) or at the supermarket, but I will try to answer as well as I can.

• Kanye West - "Runaway" ... I don't often hear this song unless I'm playing it, and I don't often play it in the company of others since it's so goddamn intensely personal for me, but it was a platinum-selling single from one of the biggest albums of the millennium, so I imagine there's a chance that someday I will hear it on the radio when I'm with someone. If and when that time comes, that person will see me freeze like a powered-down robot. Then probably dance a little.

• Kim Carnes - "Bette Davis Eyes" ... This one HAS come on the radio, or been feather on television, many times while I'm around other people. It actually happened pretty recently. In the supermarket. I pulled my cart off to the side and just stood there, under a speaker, and tranced out. Probably cried a little.
Also, it came on during American Horror Story season 5, when I was watching it with my girlfriend last year. We usually chat through episodes, but when this came on, I think I actually said "Shhhh shut up." Which makes me an asshole, even though I was trying to be funny.

I can't think of any others for now. Most of my "Desperado" songs are almost 100% unlikely to ever be played on the radio.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|