View Single Post
Old 05.07.2017, 08:05 PM   #1
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Guess so, 'cuz I'm giving them one.

Anyway, some of you might remember that there was a time when I was quite smitten with LCD Soundsystem. Before they were this geberation's musical Seinfeld (an apropos comparison on more than one level).

So, after bowing out in 2011 or whatever, they're back, sounding like LCD Soundsystem, doing the "old guy with feelings" thing. It's a bit of a trope at this point, almost indistinguishable (to some, at least) from the Killers and other meh bands. But there's something James Murphy is able to nail about life and the struggle of living it.

Two songs: "Call the Police" (the banger), and "American Dream" (the sad sack epic ballad with the impossibly funky synths).

I was a little let down by the sound of Murphy's voice at first ... so clean, so normal... but then things started to click, and I have to say I like what I'm hearing. (That said, there is still something to be said for songs that are impactful and also less than 6 1/2 minutes, but whatever).

Here's "Call the Police
Here's "American Dream

Worth a listen even if you don't give a shit. The songs are being received quite well.

This is an album I will buy the day it comes out.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|