View Single Post
Old 04.22.2018, 10:10 AM   #50601
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yeah everything from the lumberjack look to everything was very west coast. people were moving from ny to seattle lol. don’t know about references—always been weak on lyrics.

i remember late 90s the big thing that came out of england was the... what’s the name of victoria beckham band? girls gone wild something. and some blur/oasis competition apparently? i forget things.

again— not talking about music that was interesting to me, but more about mass culture. in the 2000s rock’s response to hiphop supremacy was—nickelback lololol.

Well Brit-Pop was a contrived backlash against that very American-ness felt to be dominating British pop culture in the early 90s, but was just as parochial. But it's also true that Britain had been through Acid House in the late 80s which was absorbed by the more interesting British bands at the time. MBV's Loveless was definitely informed by that scene.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|