View Single Post
Old 10.17.2012, 01:14 PM   #16326
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
Oh well. It's one of my favorites of all time. I guess Bergman has that effect on viewers. Some people find Cries and Whispers a hypnotizing masterpiece and others think it's the most exhausting and torturous thing to sit through. Hour of the Wolf to me is his most dreamlike film. He creates an unsettling mood and does a fine job of placing the hallucinatory scenes so that they almost correlate with reality. I find something agitating about Bergman's use of the camera during the dinner scene... where it's constantly jumping around from face to face and Max Von Sydow's brilliant performance adds to that tension.

So last night I watched:

Beautiful colorful film by the master himself. The scenes at the park are just gorgeous. I loved the sounds of leaves moving around in the wind and how there's a long period in that scene without any dialogue. The set designs that Antonioni constructed for the photo shoots were astonishing. The mimed tennis game at the end is perhaps the most powerful ending I've seen and nearly made me want to cry... despite not even knowing what the scene meant.

Bloody girl. It's a good film but not that good.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|