View Single Post
Old 11.16.2010, 03:52 PM   #31
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
speaking of which, porks, before there was the internetz, this was called "coffeehouse politics", no?--at least in spanish, not sure of the english expression. by which we meant: a lot of yapping and no action. "i support the proletariat that is battling outside of my window. pass me the pastries?"
Yes, another poster pointed out to me recently that chatting on a forum is like going to the pub. Traditionally in England most public political debate used to happen in pubs, and a while ago someone else told me that Karl Marx once commented on how alcohol has the power of stimulating the intellect in the right person while he was attending one one such debate when he lived in England. The only difference I can see is how someone calls you an arsehole on a forum so easily, not the internet as such, just internet forums in general. I suppose you get used to the insults after a while.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|