View Single Post
Old 01.29.2012, 03:10 PM   #1152
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Hmm, hadn't thought of that option. I just wonder if they could afford the probably massive transfer budget he'd demand and, as you say, the style of football would definitely change. I'm not a Spurs fan but have to admit they've played the most attractive football I've seen so far this season. But ultimately, I just don't think they have enough money. Man City could obviously afford him and Mancini's future may depend on winning the Prem. Chelsea would be ideal, considering AVB's less than brilliant season so far, but would Mourinho and Abramovich ever bury the hatchet? Man Utd is an even more obvious contender and Mourinho's perhaps the only manager out there with the arrogance to take over from Fergie, but it looks like he's staying put for the next few seasons. The only other one is Liverpool but I'm not sure that even they have enough money or are able to see through the whole King Kenny thing enough to want to replace him.

Well the FA would doubtless have to buy him out of his contract which would cost a fair amount (something the FA seems happy to do no matter what the cost), plus the board would use the arrival of Mourinho as something to convince Bale Modric and RVDV of their ambition. Why would our best players leave if a) We're in the champions league next season which we should be and b) we have a big name manager coming in. Not losing Bale and Modric over the summer is more important than signing any new players and getting Jose Mourinho in might be what swings it for them both to stay.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|