View Single Post
Old 07.31.2011, 02:16 PM   #1064
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicka
Big news from yesterday is the USA has a new head coach Jorge Klinsmann a German player/coach of note. While it's certainly a lack of overall talent that holds USA back I'm still rather happy to see Bradley replaced. He was too stiff/defensive minded for me.

That could be a really interesting appointment. He's generally quite an offensive-minded coach which may well lead to the USA adopting a more attractive style, certainly more than the one they had under Bradley (who I thought was good but probably not someone capable of taking the US to that next level). The only negative thing I've heard about Klinsmann is that he's not that great tactically but, again, I'd still say he's a better option than Bradley, who seemed to me all about discipline and work rate but little else. Although I still think a helluva lot of credit should go to Bradley, who may have had his limitations but did at least turn the US from the also rans that they were under Arena, into a genuinely credible team. I just hope Klinsmann builds on what Bradley did rather than feel the need to start from scratch. As you say, there is a relative lack of world class talent in the US team but I think Bradley's quite conservative style allowed them to work to their strengths. The worst thing that Klinsmann could do would be to undermine that sense of discipline that Bradley brought to them and try and turn them into Spain. That would be a real step backwards.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|