View Single Post
Old 07.18.2015, 05:55 PM   #39445
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Gimple
im happy for you and hope you can find a way to do this and make money, or do it and survive anyway.

well im going to change some existing work to a CC license. i have to talk with the distro people because there may be some shit in place that needs to be dismantled first. but i'm moving in that direction.

THEN, instead of trying to make-hoard-sell, i'll look for public/crowd funding to say-- IF YOU FUND THIS PROJECT I'LL GIVE IT ALL AWAY.

currently we have people asking if they can use our stuff in class in schools etc and i have to be like "im sorry we don't handle that talk to the distro" and it's such shit mean stingy feeling but then like the good soul of szechuan you think-- "this fucker gets a full salary and wants my shit for free, fucking parasite".

so instead we'll make the transaction upfront-- IF WE GET FUNDED, WE GIVE IT ALL AWAY, FREE FOR ALL, EVERYWHERE.

if we don't get funded, then i don't waste time making something nobody wants and get a job in a kitchen.

what we give up is the "potential" for "megaprofits" should we "hit it big" (ah, that stupid dream we never wanted anyway).

what we also give up (better) is the pain of being a fucking stingy hoarder-- that is an IMMEDIATE reward.

that's where my reasoning is at this moment. maybe it's fucked up maybe it's the right thing to do. won't know till i try.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|