View Single Post
Old 01.28.2009, 12:54 AM   #38
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
"Chair Beside a Window" is the first I ever heard; my friend bought a copy of it. I heard it a good 8 years ago at this point. It blew my mind. "worthless recluse" is my favorite of the spoken ones too. So good......

In a way, I look at Worthless Recluse as the coda for the original Jandek who even the alternative media characterized as a "worthless recluse" so much of the time. Once he'd broken it down to that most basic level (and it's such fucking gripping listening) he really had to either stop altogether or do something as radical as it was for him to start playing live after two and a half decades without public appearances. I realize I'm completely mythologizing and that it was actually another 3 years and several albums until he started playing live, but that's just the kind of apex that record feels like!
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|