View Single Post
Old 01.05.2012, 08:09 AM   #5
narlus
100%

narlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
He can drink more than Isaac Brock. The guy's a machine and his oil is booze. I've never been to a non-slurred-word GbV show. I think the alcohol increases his tendency to speak in a faux-British accent.

But I love GbV. They're like the reverse Beatles of indie rock. In the sense that their most ambitious records came at the beginning, and the lamer stuff came later.

Still totally essential, though. It's a solid record and I give them props for using the "classic" line-up. It's a good f'n album.

i wouldn't call _Forever Since Breakfast_, _Devil/Toes_ or _Sandbox_ all that ambitious....

jon boy, have you had any personal, negative encounters w/ Pollard? sure he's got an opinion and a mouth to voice it, and he can come off pretty egotistical, but then again that's a pretty common trait of musicians in general. I've met him a few times and he's always been really nice and very funny.
narlus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|