View Single Post
Old 08.21.2013, 12:17 PM   #14
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
doesn't TM require you to be given your mantra or some such shit by some paid guru?

what i mean is, i'd join TM if i wanted to join a brainwash cult, not if i wanted to "meditate."

(same with zumba. see.)

it doesn't really require anything. the organisation does but a bajillion people know how to do it so you could sidestep them

lol

Pretty much any word or syllable will do, despite the hype of TM, which insists that a mantra can only be given by a "qualified" instructor. The TM initiate is told never to reveal her mantra under any circumstances, lest its magic be lost. My instructor suggested that he had some particular insight into me in choosing my mantra, but this is utter nonsense. People who have taught TM have admitted that they are given a list of mantras they’re supposed to divvy out according to age and gender. Nothing mystical about it. Here’s one list, which contains a version of my "personal" mantra. In violation of the sacred rules of TM, I’m now going to reveal it to you: “aima.” That’s my mantra. Two syllables. Vaguely pleasant sounding. If I repeat it consistently for several minutes, I begin to feel a little spacey. The same thing happens, I have found, when I repeat the word “Tallahasee.”
http://www.alternet.org/economy/tran...ace?page=0%2C1

the list http://caic.org.au/eastern/sydda/free-tm.htm
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|