View Single Post
Old 02.07.2008, 11:03 PM   #15
nature scene
100%

nature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard suckanature scene cold hard sucka
Manson isn't playing bonnaroo. Metallica & Pearl Jam are. I kinda wish Manson was - that would be even weirder than Tool last year.

It's gotten less and less hippie each year. I went in 2003 when SY was there and last year. It was definitely a lot more "produced" last year. Sure the dirty hippies are still there, but it was a lot more like other rock concert crowds.

I always enjoyed it - it's just fun to go camp for three days at a giant music and arts party - take a long weekend away from work (the problem is you really need a vacation after bonnaroo) - there's always something to do, even if you hate all of the bands playing at that moment. We usually cared more about the small tent bands than the headliners, but Pearl Jam and Metallica are definitely a turn off.

I think bonnaroo would be a great venue for a band like Animal Collective to play one of the 1:00 AM shows. SY rocked harder there than any other time I've seen them. Ween put on one of the best shows I've ever seen. Galactic is pretty cool. Alas, none of those bands are there this year... so I'll save my money.
nature scene is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|