View Single Post
Old 03.09.2022, 09:28 AM   #3469
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I had this on when I was extremely sick with what I now know was dangerously low hemoglobin from internal bleeding, in like May 2020 when it was impossible to get to a doctor. So my brain has associated it with piercing migraines, fatigue, thinking I was going to die, vomiting, and just barely being able to move.
Pretty negative association. Don’t think I’ll be able to finish it for a while now (gotta outlive the half-life of the conditioning).

Anyway, whatshisname from Fury Road who plays Peter? Just annoying as fuck in this. I know he’s supposed to be but sure he really, really is.
holy fucking shitballs i just read this. i remember you had a tough year, but internal bleeding--wtf!

i didnt know the peter guy was on fury road. i remembered his face as tony from "skins" where sure, he was a little annoying too. here that quality just fits the part lololol, as he's meant to be a source of constant frustration.

but anyway, fuck russia--ugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Wait they shoot the show on iPhones? For real?

i haven't seen this but now i want to, just out of technical curiosity. i think that's fucking great. sodherberg has been shooting on iphones since the 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Latest season of Killing Eve. Still do not like how they shoot the show, on Iphones, which means they can digitally manipulate the entire image, creating fake "blurs" and shit like that. annoying.

baring the device is a valid/important poetic technique. and here i have to refer again to the fucking russians (the formalists this time). fuck'em, though, jeezus.

but anyway here's a dutch painter making his filters obvious lol. i know it's a stretch, haha, but i like long-distance mental associations:

in the end it all goes back to the treachery of images i think lol

i don't know, i like that sort of stuff.

hm speaking of association leaps i'm thinking of la sontag now

https://monoskop.org/images/5/59/Son...es_on_Camp.pdf

btw a show i enjoyed purely for its campy nature was "empire". they made no sense and no fucking apologies for it, and wasted zero time moving forward a story hahahaha. like radio, no dead space, but plotwise.

i need to finish "empire" because when it showed i was a monk of sorts and had limited internet.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|