View Single Post
Old 07.26.2017, 12:51 PM   #1442
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Isn't Pertwee's son the guy who plays Alfred on Gotham? A 50-something chap who was in, umm, Midsummer Murders or something?

Yeah, that's him, Sean Pertwee.

Quote:
Anyway, I actually rather strongly disagree about Cumberbach now that I think on it. He doesn't have the zaniness necessary to be the Doctor. And he's already taken on so many legacy characters it's kind of getting ridiculous. Strange, Khan, Sherlock, probably some others...

I agree it's too late for him now but I think he has the ideal persona. Slightly distant/arrogant and that sense that he knows far more than he's letting on.

Quote:
I think Sir Ian Macellan would do just wonderfully in a big trans-Atlantic blockbuster directed by, say, Christopher Nolan OR... Michael Cain? Eh? Two cracking good choices for a big deal film that needed real star power.

Ian McKellen would obviously be great in some ways, and may have been fine in the early era, but as things have evolved the fact is, at some point, the poor old fucker's gonna have to run (rather than shuffle) away from a Dalek.

He'd definitely work as The Master, though.

Quote:
My favorite Doctor is Tenant, but I really like Smith and Capaldi and also Baker and Pertwee though I've seen not a ton of the latter.

Tennant definitely dominates the modern era as much as I'd say Baker dominated the earlier one. I do prefer the earlier era but I'd say the one thing (besides Tennant) that really has succeeded in this one is the companions. They were mainly just a fun element in the earlier era (motivated mostly, im sure, jto get the dads watching) but they've really come into their own now. I'd go so far as to say Rose pretty much carried the Ecclestone season and Donna Noble was something else altogether. Not to say there haven't been some duds but I would say the best companions from this era walk all over the best the earlier one had to offer. I'd also say Missy is a great idea forf the Master, although it remains to be seen where they go with that.

Quote:
I think Tennant just had some of the best 1-2 episode stories in Who history.

Out of interest, which two are you thinking of?
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|