View Single Post
Old 01.18.2014, 08:22 AM   #17652
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
I remember when Schindler's List came out, Time Magazine (I think) did a poll. I forget the exact numbers, but they were scary. A sliver though the Holocaust didn't happen at all, a larger group thought the number was exaggerated, and about a fourth simply didn't know about the Holocaust at all.

20 years later, I'm guessing the numbers would be different, and that's in large part thanks to Schindler's List.

However:

I strongly feel there have been too many "Holocaust" films in the intervening years, and this has "desensitized" many people's response to the event. Academics are calling this "Holocaust Fatigue."

Which is why the otherwise decent demonrail666 thought it was okay to make a sick, neg-rep worthy pun at the expense of victims.

I wonder what would happen if for the next decade or so there were a bunch of "slavery" films released every year? Soon enough, I bet it'd become a punchline.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|