View Single Post
Old 09.05.2009, 01:31 PM   #28
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I think (and this threatens to go into a different thing altogether) that there are a lot of people who have entirely the wrong idea about feminism. I'm not one to say precisely what feminism is or isn't, precisely because it's an incredibly broad subject, with necessarily complicated and often apparently convoluted points. I will say, however, that the emphasis on certain failings within what is now a historical moment within feminism (namely radical 3rd wave feminism, dating from roughly '75-'85) that is often broadly dismissed under the 'feminazi' banner is precisely what needs to be avoided.

What I'm saying here is that a very, very small contingent of feminism, most of whom have subsequently softened their vehemence, are often blown-up to be the prima facie of feminism when feminism includes many more rewarding dialogues than 'yeah, sometimes people say things that are wrong, therefore feminists are wrong'.

Like a lot of my thinking lately, this is a problem for the left, and as the majority of you are bleeding-heart liberals, that includes you schmucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|