View Single Post
Old 12.10.2018, 01:51 PM   #5327
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
THE MYTH OF THE "ADULT IN THE ROOM"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...82f_story.html

President Trump always seemed like he was collecting generals the way some children collect Barbie dolls — not necessarily because he liked interacting with them but because he liked having them, all lined up in their best outfits, ready to be admired by popular world leaders who might come for a play date. Here is my National Security Adviser. Here are my Secretary of Defense and my Chief of Staff.

[...]

But meanwhile, let’s be careful about how much we preemptively applaud the next adult in the room. No matter how impressive the résumé or the uniform, no matter how official and reassuring they look. Sometimes, an adult in the room just provides the veneer of maturity that helps a toddler in the room get away with everything.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|