View Single Post
Old 09.28.2014, 11:58 AM   #1
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses

I just heard this song from a passing car. Only about three measures of it. It instantly caught my attention because it sounded SO FUCKING FAMILIAR, but for the life of me I couldn't put my finger on it.

I know I know it... And I'm a little OCD/neurotic/ADD so naturally I put together this mock up of what the music might look like on paper. Forget the fact that an A note is depicted; it's just a place holder. I can't say what note the beat carried but it feels like it may have been SOME note, played on repeat by a piano or keyboard, hitting in time with the actual beat.

The flute sample sounded like an 8-note scale segment, and is indicated in the mock-up by the red. In that first measure it hits exactly on the note where the red line begins and carries over into the next measure, and so on and so on.

I've gotta know what this was. I will remember at some point, but if any of you can hell me I'll owe you a coke.

Oh and the rapping was pretty ferocious. Not gangsta, not hardcore... But the emcee was definitely spitting. It was an energetic and semi-aggressive flow. Sounded like it may have been political, but I don't fuckin know.

Ugh. Driving me nuts!!

Anyone?

(Will post in The Café for good measure)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|