View Single Post
Old 12.12.2006, 01:54 AM   #16
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
I just re-read the non-sonics version of this thread. So just because one person claimed that she graduated from a girls-rock camp changes the validity on whether it's right or wrong? It's been said and I'll say it again, people don't need to learn how to rock. They should develop their own talents and not have people teach them how to formulate their songs.

And at one point in that thread you mentioned that girls in rock should be recognized as girls first, and then rockstars. I disagree with this because whether you're a woman or a man, you would still share the same attribute that you're a rockstar. It would be better to live in a society with equality between women and men, and not having some people being sexist, and having others supporting one gender more than another. To build upon this, if you have equality in each gender, you probably wouldn't look at a female rockstar and think to yourself "Oh! A woman in rock!". It doesn't come as a surprise to me and to many. It should be at equal level as seeing just a man in rock. You shouldn't need to recognize a woman in rock because she is a woman, you should do this just as much as you recognize a man in rock (in other words, not at all). Society doesn't need more activism promoting feminist ideas anymore. In most civilized cultures women given just as many rights as men. If this was 40 years ago, I could somewhat understand the need to promote feminism, although it has been noticably nearing an equilibrum between both genders and it wasn't rock camps that influenced this progress. With the rock camp idea aside, I reccomend you focus on a specific culture to promote feminism, one where there is less of a balance such as Lebanon.

To summarize this:
1. People should develop their own forms of art to create their own sound, instead of reinacting anothers
2. Preference in gender is already reaching an equality whether there's a girls rock band camp or not