View Single Post
Old 02.08.2017, 10:19 AM   #1093
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian

Will someone please watch this and talk to me about it? Preferably validating my opinion that it's good?

The first episode is free on iTunes and Google Play (or was), so check it out! I'm going to keep hammering at this until someone watches a bit and trows in their 2 cents.

Would it help if I told you it was about the death of a rich, mad English merchant whose rich mad son (Tom Hardy) has been presumed dead for 10 years, and returns to England from an extended and mysterious tenure in Africa to exact revenge on the people who conspired to murder his father? Eh?
Oh, also to "reunite" with his hot, brainwashed puritanical sister, to reunite with his sister who is more than a "sister" if'n you know what I mean )??

What if I told you there was some creepy magic shit? Slave ships? That our leading man is an alleged cannibal? That he claims to be "dead?"

Also he's a total freaking badass, even though he has yet to throw a single punch in what I've seen.

It's exquisitely filmed. The cast is full of strong actors from successful BBC series, so there's no real weak link as far as acting is concerned. And it's engaging as hell.

WATCH TABOO.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|