View Single Post
Old 09.18.2006, 01:40 PM   #428
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
During the first listen, I'm enjoying mine a lot. Nothing that I actually dislike, and much that I like a lot.

There are few guitars to be seen, which is a nice thing, and much dialogue and/or noise infected electronica. It starts of in fine fettle, with imposing dialogue and disconcerting wails backed up with a great instumental tune. The tape takes in some folk sounds, some nice short free jazz (?) sounds, a bit of the mighty Sir John of Peel in one of the tracks, some jolly sounds, some dark sounds, some female vocals, some very poppy stuff. It's quirky and cool, and whilst I do recognise some of the artists - Einstürzende Neubauten, Gogol Bordello - I'm new to most of them...

...which is exactly why I'd like the maker to come clean and post a tracklist. I'd like to relisten to the tape and get some comments from him/her. I'll happily scan and post the cover art later.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|