View Single Post
Old 01.14.2014, 02:47 PM   #17796
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I can see why you say that but I've never understood why people who can listen to the most extreme music have such a problem with more overtly-experimental areas of film. Couldn't pretty much everything you say about Brakhage, etc, be just as easily levelled at a lot of the more experimental types of music that get so much support here?

sound/music does not need to tell a cohesive story. It works on a "lower'" level of the brain, where impulse is generated by experience. I enjoy free jazz like a motherfucker, noise improv, etc. I fucking creamed HEARING Lee and the fellas perform as Text of Light. I just hate Brakhage's "films." they are pointless, or at the most, have one single "point" to them, and then it is endlessly repeated over and over again. abstract film is not enjoyable to me. It is essentially a form of "look what neat new thing I can make my camera/lens/film do!" which is interesting for a second.