Thread: ATP festival!
View Single Post
Old 12.13.2006, 08:21 AM   #209
Moshe
Super Moderator

Moshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's assesMoshe kicks all y'all's asses
Must have been one of the best times I ever had. So many highlights I don’t know where to begin. It was really cool to meet other board members.
Sonicl – what a super cool guy. If it wasn’t for him I don’t think we would have mange to meet each other. Thanks for everything.
Greenlight – you wouldn’t believe how much this guy eats and still stays thin
Tris 1979 – well, you don’t snore but you do speak in your sleep. Too bad I can’t understand French
John boy –Thanks for financing the first word of my book
The rest of the guys seem so nice: Pokkeherrie,Toilet, Nefeli, Whorefrost, o o o, Bastian,Toxic Johnny,Naomi, Jennthebenn,Pantophobia, Iain and simpsonic.
I wish I had more time to speak with you. Maybe we could do that in the forthcoming Ecstatic ATPeace (2007 U.S. or Japan)?

One other boardie I was really happy to meet was Lee is Free. He managed to get me a backstage pass. While the others where waiting in long lines I was chatting with Deerhoof (cool guys), Nels Cline ( a big SY fan who was so happy to hear candle) and with the sonic dudes.
It was so cool sitting next to Kim on the side of the stage watching the Dinosaur gig. She seemed to enjoy it so much. I think that the Dino/ Lee collaboration was a last minute thing. Saw Lee and Lou talking about it a few moments before the show started. Maybe it was some inside joke (Lee was laughing about it). I was feeling like a teenage groupie but I enjoyed every minute of it.

Sonicl and I met Steve and Lee a couple of time and they were so friendly. They laughed when I told them I know the sonic youth news before they do. They said they know it all but they can spread the word like I can before it is all confirmed.
As for sonic news, we got this info: Steve is working hard on the DDN deluxe edition and there are early plans to release a soundtracks box set. The sub pop single never happened. Steve “accused” me of National Inquirer reporting .

Music highlights: The Stooges (twice), SY (twice) –second show was way better, Ibold told me they felt a little rusty for the first show, seemed to me that Thurston was too excited from the whole thing. Dead C were great but too long for that time of the night. other great acts: Deerhoof, Wolf eyes, Corsano/falherty/Yeah, Gustafson/Eye, Dino Jr. (twice), Bark haze and sunburned which were a perfect way to end the festival.
Moshe is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|