View Single Post
Old 06.04.2015, 02:49 PM   #18802
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
THICK OF IT: I almost always watch each episode twice, sometimes immediately. At least the beginning. It's usually halfway through when I finally get what's going on. I don't think UK's parliamentary system and sprawling bureaucracy is something one can grasp intuitively. Still not sure what Ollie's job is. Really, I don't think this is a case of stupid-American-itus.

The thing is, I still enjoy the show a lot. I "like" the characters and all I really need to know in a given scene is who has the most power. The problem for me is how the scenes add up, and to entirely figure it out, I might also take a peek at Wikipedia in addition to a re-watch.

So even if I am a stupid American, the show ends up making me slightly less stupid.

PS- Re-re-watched IN THE LOOP.
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|