View Single Post
Old 04.21.2008, 10:21 AM   #33
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Man, Man Man is fucking terrible...

Anyway.. This band references other genres, but they kerep a pretty straightforward Klezmer sound on most tracks. Played with heart and soul to my ears -- it's not technicality for the sake of technicality, it's not trying to be as crazy as possible, it doesn't go from death metal to jazz to country to noise to surf in the course of 3 seconds. It is just full of sounds that make my ears perk up -- creative, musically accomplished, and full of ideas and melodies that have never been explored before. It's what I look for in music. I don't think their slight "polygenre" exploration really makes a difference in the long run.. all it really proves to me is that their sound is without barriers or constraints. But as an album, the songs sound and feel very unified.

Oh well.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|