View Single Post
Old 01.22.2007, 05:04 PM   #33
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
There will be no topping Danny's story. But here's mine!

February 2004
I'd been planning on buying on a Sonic Youth record after seeing Daydream Nation is Kurt Cobain's journals. So, one weekend day my Dad drove me to Best Buy. I seen Daydream Nation on the shelf looking at me. Picked it up along with Bob Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited.
On the way back home I put on the Bob Dylan album, I was much more eager to hear it because I already knew a couple of the songs.
When I got dropped off I came inside and put Daydream Nation on the DVD player and called my Girlfreind at the time on the phone.
While chatting away for almost all of the album I liked it right away. I just liked how the songs didn't end at 3:00. They didn't need to. And it was best that they didn't.
Over the next couple of weeks I was playing the album non-stop. Including the time I had 100 degree temperature. I just remember laying in the bed delerious while The Sprawl was playing. Pure bliss.
After playing this cd over and over again for about a month I decided I needed more stuff by Sonic Youth. So, I came on old blue and made thread for people to suggest my next album to buy. I took someone's advice and got Sister. I didn't like it at first, but it's sense grew on me. And it rules.
I slowly completed my Sonic collection and the rest is history.
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|