View Single Post
Old 04.17.2006, 07:27 PM   #2
doctor dan
bad moon rising

doctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's assesdoctor dan kicks all y'all's asses
as far as i can tell, lee (on the older records at least) plays the less rhythmic, more textural parts, and often the 'solo' bits, as far as sy solos go. thurston on the other hand, often has a slightly more punky, rhythmic style, uses more palm mutes, but is often more responsible for a lot of the REALLY noisy parts (like in silver rocket). A lot of the time, if theres a really distinct riff in the song, thurston will be playing it, and lees part will be more textured and less easy to pick out. having said that, theres a lot of overlap between the two.

the best way to distinguish and hear their individual styles is to listen to dirty. thurstons parts are all (i believe) in the right speaker, and lees are all in the left.