View Single Post
Old 11.12.2008, 07:00 AM   #40
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
Not that I want the new album to be another Washing Machine, I just want them to break free and be Sonic Youth like they did then. That album came on the heels of their most obvious attempts to "make it" in the "alternative rock" world (i.e. Dirty and EJST&NS), and while I don't hate those records I do hear the concessions to MTV 120 Minutes and indie rock cred all over them. Washing Machine is awesome because they finally seemed to realize that they weren't going to follow Nirvana to the charts. So they might as well write songs as long or as noisy as they felt like. Of course they were still totally melodic and catchy through most of the record, but there is this overwhelming sense of freedom that there hadn't been at those levels since the signed to DGC.

nicely put.
Thats one of the many reasons why i think Washing Machine is my favourite Sonic Youth record.
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|